The Cambridgeport School Council holds open meetings monthly. We encourage parents and family members to be involved in the life of the school by participating in the school council. We invite families to bring their ideas and concerns to the council. Minutes from the monthly meetings are posted on the bulletin board outside of the family room.
School Council Responsibilities
- Assist in identification of educational needs of students attending school
- Make recommendations to principal for development, implementation and assessment of curriculum accommodation plan
- Assist the principal in review of the annual school budget for the school building NOT the school district
- Assist in formulation of school improvement plan
Areas of Non-Involvement
- School councils are not involved in collective bargaining
- School councils are not involved in labor relations
- School councils are not involved in personnel matters
- School councils should not consider individual grievances, such as parent/guardian complaints about school placement
Meeting Schedule, Agenda & Minutes (2016-17)
Wednesdays | 6 - 7:30PM
September 21: Welcome, introductions, orientation to new school council, including Ethics Training.
October 19: Family Engagement Plan—how is it going so far? What can be improved?
November 16: Family Engagement Plan—how is it going so far? What can be improved?
January 25: Orientation to our Report Cards
February 15: Review of Family Engagement Plan—specifically related to report cards
March 22: Review of district budget with implications for Cambridgeport. Orientation to new MCAS test.
April 26: Review of School Improvement Plan and associated budget items
May 24: Reflecting on our year, make plans for next year.
View archive of past meeting minutes >>