The School-based Family Liaison reports to and is supervised by the school principal.
Family Liaison’s main role is to be accessible to all families in ways
that support academic achievement and help to foster communication and a
welcoming school climate for all families. The Family Liaison will
support family participation and involvement in activities that further
the mission of the school. This support takes many forms, and can vary
from school to school, and from one relationship to the next within a
school community. The liaison and the school principal will delineate
the particulars of the liaison’s involvement, depending on the
community’s needs. The position, including the details of its’
particulars, must be structured to fit within the confines of the
25-hour, ten-month position.
School welcomes parent involvement in every form.
We recognize and
respect that parents are their children’s first teachers. We also
recognize and appreciate the different levels at which parents are
A shout out for some of the ways parents are involved:
- Getting children off to bed on time.
- Getting kids to school on time.
- Assisting students to get homework started and completed.
- Getting students involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Seeking resources for students.
Families are encouraged to be involved in child’s school.
- Attendance at parent teacher meetings.
- Volunteering in the classrooms.
- Volunteering on committees, e.g., PTO.
- Becoming a room parent or
serving on the School Council.
- Yet another level is attending outside events/meetings on behalf of your child and school
- Attending parent training inside or outside of the school
- Attending School Committee meetings
All of the above are valued and important parts of being involved. We applaud the efforts of parents.
If you have questions about being involved, please contact Kristen Emack, the Family Liaison at the Cambridgeport School, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.349.6587 x111.